Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Grandchildren

I first became a grandmother at the young age of 37.  My daughter, Jamie, was only 14 years old but she wanted to have and keep her baby so I supported her and helped her out as much as I could.  Her name is Lynn Rosa Messenger, born, July 25, sweet and charming, the same as she is today.  She has her own child, Jaelynn Rose, who is 3, and another baby on the way.  In this photo is my mother on the right, me, and little Lynn Rosa.







This photo isn't the greatest because the sun was right in our eyes.  On the far left is my maternal grandmother, Gladys (Sally) Brown, next to her, is my mother, Charlene, then me, with Jamie in front, holding her baby, Lynn Rosa.





On May 3, 1989, Jamie totally shocked me by giving birth to Randi Jo Bartlett, a tiny little thing that has grown into a lovely young woman with children of her own. Dynamite does indeed come in small packages.



















In February of 1990, oldest daughter, Chris, presented me with my first grandson, Eric Michael, a little bundle of charm and joy that was so welcomed to this family of mostly females so far. As of this moment, Eric is pretty excited about the ultra-sound picture he's showing everyone of HIS first child but to me, it was just yesterday that I held this little guy in my ams imagining what the future might hold for him.








In June of 1991, Jamie presented the charming Ms. Alexandra Lee Burch to the family.  There could be no other like this agreeable, sweet, and gentle child who has grown into a lovely young woman with a child of her own. Although she often sits quietly on the sidelines, make no mistake, there is depth, substance, and creativity in her shy and quiet demeanor. Ask to see her sketchbook sometime and be amazed.















This spot is reserved for Carlie (Nick) Holcman, born in 1995, daughter of Gail.  We're just waiting to put together some photos and get to know her a little more since she was just discovered a short time ago.


Out in sunny California in July of 1996, Ms. Ayla Danielle Jones, arrived with difficulty, into this big old world but it hasn't scared her yet!  The first time I met her, she was just a few months old and filled me with such joy with  her laughter that I am smiling still every time I think of her.  She is a loving, thoughtful child who is turning into a stunning beauty with a quick and original sense of humor that I am sure was a gift from her mom, Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment